A debate is raging between two schools of thought: are trans people suffering with gender dysphoria, mental health condition? Or do transgender individuals simply have a gender identity, like a gendered soul, that needs to be recognised? In this first episode Sasha and Stella discuss these two perspectives and the difficult consequences of taking a position on this polarised issue.
- Criteria for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria in the DSM V: https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria
- About WPATH: https://www.wpath.org/
- About Harry Benjamin: https://zagria.blogspot.com/2012/10/harry-benjamin-part-2-rejuvenation_5.html#.X9OrKdj7RPY
- About the anti-gender movement: https://www.boell.de/en/2015/04/21/anti-gender-movements-rise and Graff, Agnieszka (2016). "'Gender Ideology': Weak Concepts, Powerful Politics". Religion and Gender. 6 (2): 268–272. doi:10.18352/rg.10177.
- Snapchat Dysmorphia: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322706
- Ehrensaft Pre-Verbal Gender Communications https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7KBZeRC1RI&t=96s